We’re on a mission to help the world’s professionals lead more fulfilling careers - from their first job to their last. At Uvaro, we’ve created a better way to help everyday people launch and grow successful and rewarding careers in tech.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for an experienced sales professional to help us realize our vision.
That’s where you come in! If you are looking to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that delivers life-changing impact every day, then we should talk. The Account Executive, Employer Programs is responsible for finding great companies who are seeking to grow their sales teams, and filling that gap with our employer programs. This is an outbound-focused, account executive role focused on top to bottom sales process, finding and winning new employer partners and signing them up for success with Uvaro. This dynamic position requires the ability to be highly organized, take ownership in their sales targets and customer pain in order to help them meet objectives, and have a strong sense of salespersonship.
If you are a dedicated problem-solver and are ready to make a huge impact in a growing company, we would love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll:
- Run outbound business development motions to find new hiring companies that we can support through all channels (phone, email, social, events, etc)
- Following up on, and qualify inbound leads
- Actively maintaining Hubspot CRM with activities, prospect intelligence, sales pipeline planning, and tasks
- Follow a sales process to find best-fit clients that we will be most successful supporting
- Negotiate and manage the contracting process with enterprise clients
- Achieving agreed sales goals, and review pipeline regularly with leadership
- Support smooth transition of clients from pre-sales to post-sales support with other stakeholders at Uvaro.
- Be an outspoken and outstanding steward of the Uvaro brand and reputation.
In the first six months you’ll:
- Build a pipeline of employer partners with sales-related hiring needs across our portfolio of employer products
- Win new customers and grow relationships with existing customers
- Confidently tell the Uvaro career services story, and understand the tech sales employment crisis
What we’re looking for:
- Organized and methodical. Get's excited about planned days and checking tasks off their list (or even better…in Hubspot!)
- Curious like George. Genuinely interested in customers and their goals.
- Goal oriented with demonstrated history of target setting and target attainment or overachievement.
- Competitive. Loves to understand their surroundings and find and leverage competitive advantage.
- Comfortable with challenging status quo and recommending appropriate solutions
- Exudes empathy. Seeks understanding and support for customer pain.
- Loves the art and science of selling. Has a thing for the value of sales and sales people to an organization
- Thrives on winning customers and winning for customers!
- Self directed - should be thoughtful about what is required to get to your targets
- Forthcoming - not afraid to have hard conversations, ask difficult questions or disqualify when necessary.
- A truth seeker - getting to the root of problems and asking tough questions.
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the qualifications listed below - we are particularly interested in someone who adapts quickly to change and learns quickly, so if you don’t meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out - we’d love to talk to you!
- 2+ years in a professional sales role, preferably in tech
- Technical competence with business tools is a must (e.g., CRM, GSuite, Slack, video communication tools, Gong.io, salesloft, LinkedIn, etc)
- 1+ years in a client relationship or customer service or customer success role is a bonus
- Experience as a project coordinator or in project coordinating or management is a bonus
- Remote work experience is a bonus
- Start-up experience is a bonus
What We’re Offering
- Competitive compensation, health benefits, and equity
- Flex work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- A remote-first work environment, and the opportunity to work with a close-knit, international team
- The opportunity to get in early at a promising startup in the emerging field of tech-enabled education
- A dedicated team with a values-driven culture, with a proven history of investing in individual growth and career development.
- An unprecedented opportunity to grow your network by placing employees at virtually every high-growth tech company in North America
If this opportunity excites you, and you believe you’re the right fit, we want to hear from you!
At Uvaro, we understand the value of having a diverse and inclusive team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.